Tuesday, August 17, 2010

LOOSE GRIP / GRAVEL SAMWIDGE AT BURST CITY 14-08-10



A Benefit show to help raise funds for Burst City to keep going, a damn good cause. Only 3 bands, Slug Guts played last and it was the best set I've witnessed from them, I was completely lost in that blurry moment and was unable to film it.


LOOSE GRIP



The first time Loose Grip have played in months (featuring weirdly enough, me on bass). Coast punk with pride saving their last beers from descending flesh.

Filmed by Esther Lilley.


GRAVEL SAMWIDGE



I turned 3 in 1989 and I guess I wasn't paying much attention because I cannot remember Gravel Samwidge forming that very year. It's now 2010 and just like my mental capacity is much the same as it was back then (eat, cry, sleep, repeat) Gravel Samwidge 21 years later on are still playing their own brand of dignified weirdo outsider rock. They played a long, uncompromising set of Gravel Samwidge hits old and new.

No comments: