Thursday, March 11, 2010

SHARPIE CROWS / PARADING AT HORSE BAZAAR 3-03-10

Wednesday night at Horse Bazaar in the city of Melbourne. Traditionally the night is called 'Stutter' and reserved for more avant garde experimental acts, tonight it's mostly loud rock bands and I guess the small venue struggled with that. It had a designated smoking room about the size my bathroom which was hilarious. Wish you were there.


SHARPIE CROWS




The main focus in Sharpie Crows for me was their intense frontman. Chewed enough gum throughout the set to put Dave Grohl to shame and looked like he was eyeing a fight in the audience the whole time and/or planning his suicide later that night. Loved it, I saw the guy in the toilets afterwards and went to say hi but he ignored me. Instant respect. Awesome band.


PARADING



Enjoyed Parading a lot, almost came off as "shoegaze" but I would say it's a lot better than that. Would have liked to film more of their set as the song after this one stuck in my mind as being particularly awesome but the camera fucked up. Such is life.

No comments: