Saturday, June 12, 2010

SCRAPS / EXTRA FOXX / HEART FLEW LIKE AN ARROW / LEWIS O'LEARY & THE CUCUMBERS AT CUBBY HOLE 10-06-10

Gosh! What a nice n' relaxed Thursday night of music from some of Brisbane's overlooked finest. Gosh! Every second post on this blog seems to be from a show at Cubby Hole. Gosh! I woke up too early today.


SCRAPS



I was born a Scraps fan and I'll die a Scraps fan, damnit. If this doesn't make you feel nostalgic for those days as a kid growing up in a housing complex on the Gold Coast then you aint me.


EXTRA FOXX





"What's the set gonna be tonight, Conwae?" I asked the man behind Extra Foxx right before the show.
"Pure sex" He slurred, confidently puffing away on a cigar and wearing his best suit. I stared.
"Or the lack of," he added. Great set.

The second video 'Horses' is a cover, originally by Sally Timms of the Mekons and was also performed by Will Oldham. Thanks Wikipedia.


HEART FLEW LIKE AN ARROW



Heart Flew Like an Arrow is like liquid. It changes a lot and moves squishy and uh, that's all I got. Shit analogy. Anyway this aint bad, it caters to my preference of 3 piece bands - Straight to the point and no jerking around.


LEWIS O'LEARY AND THE CUCUMBERS



Lewis O'Leary and his band of misfits perform neurotic folk tunes to close out this fine evening and the $5 I paid to see it all was well spent. Gosh!


THE END.

No comments: