Thursday, March 11, 2010

IVY ST. / PAINT YOUR GOLDEN FACE / CAUGHT SHIP AT THE BRISBANE HOTEL 6-03-10

The Brisbane Hotel is like the Hobart equivalent of the Tote, or maybe to a lesser extent the Step Inn in Brisbane. A bit of a shit hole but a good atmosphere and I didn't mind it. This was the launch of Paint Your Golden Face's new album.

IVT ST.





Ivy St. rule, they kind of sound like My Disco crossed with Die!Die!Die! but from their own unique point of view. A Hobart treasure, mate.


CAUGHT SHIP



Caught Ship from Melbourne play a set that mostly confuses the audience. I thought it was great, really strange. They had to fly back to Melbourne early the next morning so they stayed up all night and got really messed up but ended up missing their flight anyway and broke down in the airport terminal.


PAINT YOUR GOLDEN FACE



Paint Your Golden Face also kind of confused me. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say I really 'got' it and that was a little frustrating. This was the first time I've seen them though and I haven't heard the album so give it time Matt, give it time.

1 comment:

S. Wilson said...

Ivy St are awesome!