Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ABSOLUTE BOYS / FEATHERS / VELOCIRAPTOR AT CUBBY HOLE 19-06-10



Cubby Hole is closing down and I'm unsure whether it'll continue at another venue so this is probably the last thing I'll film from there. END OF AN ERA, MATE.


ABSOLUTE BOYS



Hailing from Melbourne and featuring former members of Eucalypt and Ohana, Absolute Boys play Brisbane for the first time. I really liked it, someone described them to me as 'My Disco meets Fabulous Diamonds' which is kinda maybe fitting but I thought they were different enough to stand on their own. Which is a good thing, Duh.


FEATHERS





Gotta love Feathers, the first video is a brand new song with an appearance by Andrea Blake from Chrome Dome. The second video is a Rolling Stones cover. Enjoy.


VELOCIRAPTOR



Geeez man, Velociraptor have more members than I have mice in my kitchen which is a freaken lot. Spazzed out garage rock and a good example of how to get your friends into a show for free - just give them a tambourine.


No comments: